Diced onion not shown
Black pepper, no salt (bacon has a lot of salt)
The red sauce is tamale sauce made earlier from a variety of red chile peppers.
The poblano chiles are two weeks old, languishing in the refrigerator crisper
The beans are made from dry black beans pulverized in a small electric coffee mill and microwaved with fresh garlic, diced fresh serrano chile pepper, cumin, coriander powder, bacon fat and 2X water.
Rice is short-grained Japanese style rice in olive oil, diced onion, smashed and diced garlic, turmeric, s/p, diced fresh tomato added after the rice was steamed in homemade turkey broth for 35 minutes.
There are a lot of elements here. A restaurant is better equipped to have all these things on hand and ready for other plates, whereas the home cook must prepare each thing individually for this one meal. It is a lot of preparation.
1) steaming and flavoring rice
2) preparing and flavoring beans
3 grating cheese
4) broiling and preparing poblano chiles
5) frying hamburgers
6) picking cilantro leaves
7) dicing fresh tomato
8) acquiring red tamale sauce
This dough is incredibly easy to make. Brown sugar caused the yeast to take off like a rocket. It is made with milk and brown sugar.
I forgot to add egg to the dough batter so it is brushed on now while the dough is still flattened.
Dry Anasazi beans (my current favorite) milled to powder in coffee mill, microwaved in 2X water with favorite flavorings,garlic, chile powder, butter. Stirred at least three times between pulses to avoid the powder clumping as it rapidly absorbs water.
- ► 2016 (358)
- ► 2015 (260)
- individual meatloaves with broccoli steamed in win...
- poblano hamburger, Spanish rice, smashed black bea...
- Boston cream pie with strawberries
- t-bone steak, baked potato, singed red bell pepper...
- raisin bread for bacon and egg breakfast with bean...
- tuna on sushi rice with mustard seed, pecan and cu...
- cheeseburger, handmade hamburger buns using wet do...
- praise for the red snapper soup
- roast beef, Brussels sprouts with pecans, red bean...
- roast beef sandwich, pan-fried bread
- salmon with maple and ginger garlic glaze, Brussel...
- smashed shrimp with rice balls
- pain perdu
- steak sandwich
- flank steak, broccoli rabe
- apple and cheese
- Chicken and dumplings Pennslyvania style
- green salad, croutons, vinaigrette
- scrambled egg as failed sauce, strong flavored add...
- lox with avocado and bacon on small chubby tortill...
- roast beef sandwich on pan-fried bread
- roasted chicken dinner
- sausage and sage stuffing, yellow heirloom tomato
- Lobster mac and cheese
- BLT, pan-fried bread
- turkey tacos, hand made tortillas
- ▼ December (26)
- ► 2013 (440)
- ► 2012 (441)
- ► 2011 (380)
- ► 2010 (315)
- ► 2009 (342)
- ► 2008 (257)