Custard made with egg yolks and vanilla extract, corn starch to thicken further.
The weird thing is, cornstarch is activated by boiling but it doesn't thicken completely until chilled, while the egg yolks thicken at 160℉, well below boiling, so they're added after the mixture is already boiled with cornstarch, tempered in, off the heat. It's an odd double-thickening approach with two different thickening behaviors.
- biscuits, cranberry preserves, apricot preserves
- peach waffle, bacon, egg
- red kidney beans with onion and pork shoulder, pol...
- chocolate oatmeal
- pork shoulder with chiles, pineapple rice
- pork shoulder, green beans, red bell pepper, potat...
- Hatch chile rellenos egg roll style
- vanilla pudding
- pasta salad with shrimp
- great northern beans with bacon and smoke, grits, ...
- sausage sandwich, Denver sourdough bread
- Denver sourdough boules
- sausages, potatoes, onions, cabbage
- cheese popcorn
- sourdough toast, cranberry preserves
- rolled pizza baked as bread.
- steamed dumplings, pork and cabbage filling
- volunteer sourdough bread
- shrimp and ricotta omelet
- curried cauliflower and potates
- blueberry and apple with pecans, oatmeal
- pork cutlets, zucchini and yellow squash
- ▼ February (23)
- ► 2016 (358)
- ► 2015 (260)
- ► 2014 (332)
- ► 2013 (440)
- ► 2012 (441)
- ► 2011 (380)
- ► 2010 (315)
- ► 2009 (342)
- ► 2008 (257)