Crêpes, banana and strawberry


The idea of crêpes has never really appealed to me. What's the big deal anyway? Wouldn't you just rather have straight up pancakes? Plus, I always thought they should be rolled like little tamales.

I didn't use a recipe. I just tossed together ingredients I thought would be good, making sure to use an egg, milk, flour. By whim, I added a spot of clove and cinnamon, melted butter, vanilla, sugar, salt. 

For the fruit sauces, I just added a little sugar to the strawberries and let them form their own sauce. For the bananas, I used orange juice with corn starch heated in the microwave, more of the same spices in tiny dashes, and a few drops of Grand Marnier®, which I think means "big sailor" in French. Ha ha ha ha.

It took me about five seconds to eat all that. OK, ten seconds. OK, FINE! ten minutes.

No comments:

Blog Archive