Meatballs


I'm in scrounging mode. I do want to clear things out before I go shopping again. This could take awhile. My idea was for meatballs, only meatballs, but then along the way I broke down and boiled some spaghetti. Just a bit -- to round it off. I cooked them perfectly, most unAmerican of me, I stood there and tested, not done, not done, not done, not done, done, removed. Still a little bit hard inside. Now where do you ever get that? Italy! That's where.

I had about a pound of ground beef in a Seal-a-Meal bag, a pre-formed hamburger that had peas and shredded carrots, and four breakfast sausage discs that I wrapped and froze and forgot about. The hamburger patty with peas and the sausage discs had slight freezer damage.

I used a lot of my own sourdough breadcrumbs and a lot of egg, three super duper jumbo eggs. I keep feeling sorry for those chickens. That's gotta hurt. Worcestershire sauce, S/P. I fried diced onions with crushed garlic in olive oil before forming the meatballs because I didn't want them to shrink after being formed. This amount turned out to be a large bowl full. The meatballs were boiled directly heated prepared canned tomatoes, and canned tomato sauce, just enough to mostly cover them. Usually I fry them first but this time I didn't. I wanted them to stay round so I forewent the layered Maillard reaction of frying.

Grated Parmigiano Reggiano and cut parsley added to the meat mixture.

Now I have a whole bunch of sausy meatballs that I will have pastalessly at my leisure.

No comments:

Blog Archive