Tortilla-less breakfast burritos


Lord, help me. I dun gone too far again. 



I did not have a plan, just a vague idea. 

I pulled things out of the refrigerator and went with what I had and must be used. 

An enchilada sauce made from dried chiles that turned out sweet with no heat, a container with some kind of mixed green chile with pork cubes, and another container with pulled pork in a red sauce. So three similar sauces and two porks. It all looked good to me so I used all of it. Rolled up in Black Forest sandwich ham cut thickly, all together this amounts to pork three different ways, or stated another way, ham on pork with pork. (I also found a package of bacon that disappeared behind a storage bin inside the refrigerator, but I wisely put off opening that.)




Practicing sauce plating skillz ↑ even though it will be completely covered.


The idea behind using ham instead of a tortilla to wrap a breakfast burrito was to feature the black bean crackers I made yesterday, but then I forgot to put the crackers on the plate. So I blew the instigating point of the whole thing. 

That idea more specifically was to roll egg with chile and rice into a piece of sliced ham instead of a tortilla -- a tortilla-less breakfast burrito, possibly two of them.  Turns out, the sliced ham was too small, and became overstuffed with just the rice and the  pork chile. That caused me to ignore the scrambled egg with jalapeño which was sitting there holding on the stove in a cooled off pan, so the egg then had to go on top instead of inside in the ham roll where it belonged.

The egg barely cooked on very low heat then removed before it completely solidified. 

After all that, I spaced out the 1/2 avocado saved in lemon water from last night's salmon meal. I bet if I checked my biorhythms it would say, "do not go outside today." 

No comments:

Blog Archive