Vanilla extract


This is the vanilla extract started waaaaaaaay back here in mid December in the year of our Lord 2009. 

Conclusion: a waste of two cups of perfectly good vodka. Maybe I had just not use tired dried out old beans. Maybe vanilla extract requires good moist flexible vanilla beans that do not snap when you bend them.  Hey, it was an experiment, ah'ight? 

I tried some in coffee this morning for vanilla latte trentadue and although it was not awful, it was not as good as regular ol' Tone's which I can pick up at the big box store very reasonably. 

I have a lot of extra good vanilla beans from an eBay order that was accidentally doubled, an order that was already big. I think I'll devote a few to this and give it a few more months to redeem itself. It's only fair, eh? 

No comments:

Blog Archive