Cheese crackers


As cheese the Kraft product is a disaster but I must say the substance bakes to delicious crackers. For the purpose of crackers the Kraft product is considered a fat. The crackers are enhanced with even more fat -- butter. With Cheez-It® in mind, the dough is lightened with baking powder. The dough is enhanced with cayenne. Sea salt. 

"Nobody likes Cheez-Its," a friend once averred axiomatically. I was stunned to hear something so wrong put so flatly. I regarded the man as particularly odd after that. Cheez-Its are one of my favorite things. That was before my own crackers became one of my favorite things, and the Cheez-It® were shunted to a sidetrack. A sidetrack to Desuetudeville. Desuetudeville on the continent of Relic. The continent of Relic on the planet Quaint. Planet Quaint in the system of planets, Bygone. Maybe I had just buy a box and reenter that earlier period that seems fogged now by not knowing then my own power to out-cheese my favorite cheese product. 

I would say, this is about half the package of Kraft cheese, so 4 oz. Not much. 


The cheese was shredded nearly frozen. Here it is completely frozen.


1 + 1/2 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 level teaspoons baking powder, sea salt





Water added through the feed tube in increments until dough balls up. The dough could have been more wet.



The dough is divided in two.






There was exactly enough dough for two of these trays. 


No comments:

Blog Archive