Fried chicken, pieces from whole






The other day right after that guy at Whole Foods chopped up the chicken in three seconds I turned the corner and saw the packages Bell & Evans chickens in another separate chilling case. So I thought I'd try my hand at what he had just done. I didn't time myself tonight but it took over a minute and I nicked my finger. Fail. 

I scooped out twice as much flour as needed. The spices including ... wait for it ... 

fenugreek

were unnecessarily diluted with surplus flour that was discarded and so represent an unacceptable waste. I simply cannot justify such flagrant profligate spice wastage and I do not recommend it.

The vegetable is a disc of napa cabbage nicked off and fried retaining its shape as far as possible. Plus a disc of onion treated the same way. With raisins. 

No comments:

Blog Archive