Dough divided in half and run through the Atlas rollers for two long flat sheets then run through the Atlas cutting rollers.
The noodles are long as the work table. Too long. Too ridiculously long and difficult to manage, difficult to transfer from water to bowl, difficult to transfer from bowl to mouth. Long is fun. Extra long is just ridiculous.
And the whole effort is just okay with generous Parmesan cheese.
So I'm eating this noodle soup and outside the formation of purple clouds begins to go pink. I'm watching it develop and I'm thinking, man, this going to be a good one. Shame to just let it go, just me watching it, so I got up and set up the camera. That takes a bit of adjustments to camera and to equipment, tripod and phone and the like and just as the first photo is taken it becomes clear this is actually the peak and the light show closes down with not much to show after that.
Labels: beef noodle soup
These are a strange plain meaty bean that was sold in bins at King Soopers. They were soaked and fried directly without boiling first.
They turn out crunchy, too hard to crush this way. They are a lot harder than peanuts.
This experiment did not work very well.
The Korean chicken gave me the idea to coat beans the way she did the peanuts with her chicken.
Honey was switched for corn syrup, so, mostly honey, then 1/4 that amount for soy sauce, then habanero sauce and cayenne pepper powder, (it takes more than I thought to overcome all the honey) and mustard. I added Worcestershire sauce too. Plus a tablespoon of vinegar.
Idea needs some work. Another type bean. Possibly cooked bean. The honey sauce is fine.
Labels: coated beans
I used chicken breast instead of cut chicken wings. That means no chicken flavor from the bone.
I used my own simple syrup instead of Korean style corn syrup
My dry red pepper are the worst thing about this. Their texture does not work. They need to be cooked to complete hydration and mine are not.
I forgot both vinegar and mustard, two key ingredients.
I thought I had raw peanuts on had but they are not where I thought they were. I use pine nuts and the oil in my pine nuts is rancid. Nothing can fix them. They're awful and must be discarded.
Her brown sugar is actually turbinado sugar and I forgot to add that at the end anyway.
So, for such major fails I must say this is not all that bad. Next try will be a lot better.
* corn starch used not potato starch
* vinegar and mustard forgotten
* chicken breast instead of proper chicken wings
* rancid pine nuts instead of raw peanuts
* dry chile pods not cooked to softness
* turbinado sugar at end omitted
* ginger included where not called for
* sugar syrup substituted. Mine is from cane, hers is from corn (she thinks it's from rice)
Other than that the effort true to received recipe to the sharpest fidelity and it's not all that bad either. Although half a large chicken breast is quite enough.
Even imitated poorly as this. Win.
- beef noodle soup, fresh pasta
- coated Peru beans
- Korean style, hot, candied chicken
- fried apple pie
- steak with roasted poblano, rice with annatto
- Southwest polenta, poached egg, applewood bacon
- scrambled egg with asparagus tomato and cheese, ha...
- cheeseburger, homemade buns
- falafel experiment, sour cream tzatziki
- jalapeño bacon macaroni and cheese
- sour cream tzatziki
- cheeseburger, buns
- cantaloupe seeds from grocery store cantaloupe
- habanero flakes from grocery store habaneros
- chicken tacos with jalapeño, bread and butter pick...
- melon, ice cream, oatmeal cookies
- large chicken breast, roasted poblano sauce, seare...
- pork loin, garlic mashed potatoes, poblano sauce
- braised smoked sausage, cabbage, potato
- habanero seeds from grocery store chiles
- chocolate malted milkshake
- tuna and apple, nori and rice
- pork bbq chile, crispy potato wedges, lettuce
- potato wedges, NY steak strip, jalapeño, stir fry
- vegetable-tarian lunch, corn, red potato, iceberg ...
- pork roast tacos
- pork roast with roasted red pepper sandwich
- jalapeño bacon cheese cornbread, cast iron bread p...
- porterhouse steak, chipotle corn on cob
- sweet potato casserole
- ▼ June (31)
- ► 2015 (260)
- ► 2014 (332)
- ► 2013 (440)
- ► 2012 (441)
- ► 2011 (380)
- ► 2010 (315)
- ► 2009 (342)
- ► 2008 (257)