*two cups of cream
*two cups of whole milk heated with *1 cup sugar
The milk is heated to dissolve the sugar
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/4 teaspoon salt.
No egg. I did not want a frozen custard this time.
Next time I'll do 3 cups cream / 1 cup whole milk. That would be 2 cups cream / 2 cups half and half. Real Cherry Garcia is a bit heavier and denser than this.
I almost used Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, that would be the sugar and milk but I didn't want the milk that condensed and I prefer it fresh not tinned.
A tablespoon of corn syrup to prevent formation of large crystals during freezing
Three tablespoons of cherry liqueur to kick up the cherry flavor.
Labels: Cherry Garcia style ice cream
- tuna, rice, lettuce
- huevos rancheros, papas
- pozole, green pork chile with hominy
- Cherry Garcia style ice cream
- ham, cheese, berries, nuts
- pork tacos
- lobster mac and cheese
- braised chicken thighs, corn with serrano, fresh t...
- Tonkatsu, seared vegetables, apricot fig Newtons
- roasted poblano stuffed with meatball, broiled tom...
- serrano omelet, buffalo cheese, broccoli, mushroom...
- crêpe with breakfast egg and ham, asparagus and to...
- fig Newtons, gouda, apple
- tuna, daikon radish
- meatballs and sauce, angel hair pasta
- le Central, Denver, Colorado
- ham and cheese burger, corn, peas, avocado
- ham and cheese doughnuts
- ham and cheese rolls
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2014 (332)
- ► 2013 (440)
- ► 2012 (441)
- ► 2011 (380)
- ► 2010 (315)
- ► 2009 (342)
- ► 2008 (257)