* melted butter
"Can I bring you out a little salad?""What?"
"I'm going inside. Can I bring you a salad?""Oh. Ha ha ha. No thanks. Ha ha ha. Good one. Thank you for offering."
This is two pantry tins and one small prepared frozen chicken breast. What a cop out! Just a few fresh vegetables would change this right up but tonight it's just slumming it by combining corn and jalapeño.
Even so, with a few chefery touches even two tins and one frozen breast can turn out very nicely.
This is the soup that is sold nowadays that comes in soft packages like quarts of milk and that are slowly taking the place of tinned soup.
The dumplings are full of butter cut into pats and smashed into cold flakes coated with flour the same way as pie crust except this has baking powder and baking soda to react with the acid in sour cream, the only liquid used this time, instead of buttermilk. The dumplings are loaded with tarragon. They are light as air even with all that butter and they are wonderful.
- beans, rice, pene
- potato pancakes, applewood bacon, maple syrup
- bbq beef short rib, mashed potato, roasted red bel...
- beef short ribs, seasoned rice
- spaghetti with spices, whole wheat dinner rolls
- hamburger with sweet pickle and homemade potato bu...
- almond, carrot, ginger soup with white kidney bean...
- corn fritters
- Club Philly sandwich, Taste of Philly green salad
- ► March (12)
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2016 (358)
- ► 2015 (260)
- ► 2014 (332)
- ► 2013 (440)
- ► 2012 (441)
- ► 2011 (380)
- ► 2010 (315)
- ► 2009 (342)
- ► 2008 (257)