Pasta in chicken broth



As long as you're going to all the trouble of melting those chicken broth ice cubes you might as well fry up some bacon in the pan first because there's hardly any oil at all in the broth, nor any salt. And since you've already messed up a knife on dicing the bacon you might as well chop up a bell pepper and half an onion and smash a garlic clove or two. And then there's the chicken bits just sitting there in the freezer from the same chicken the broth was made. It all takes so dreadfully long -- the time it takes to bring a pot of water to boil and cook spaghetti noodles. I had chipotle in adobo from a tiny tin opened previously. Hate to waste that stuff, so I added one. Made the whole thing hot. No, wait, wait, wait. I meant to say, I planned this. I'm imitating Japanese soba except it's not buckwheat noodles and I'm putting a lot more stuff in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Blog Archive