Apple waffle










You get yourself an apple and peel it round and round in one long peel.

It's a contest that we have with ourselves.

I don't know why I always buy whole pecan halves. I always break them up. 

Same thing with shrimp. I make a point to get big ones then end up chopping them to bits. 

The raw batter tastes better than the cooked waffle.

So how do you think about making a pancake batter?

Well, it will have certain things like like an egg and sugar and butter, and either baking powder or baking soda depending upon how acidic, and flour of course, duh, salt, vanilla. And some kind of liquid to thin it like milk or cream or buttermilk or like in this case apple cider.

And cinnamon.

And apple.

I tested with paper pH test strips. A tablet of paper strips similar to matches. It turned out neutral. There was no change. Surprisingly. So I used baking powder. Which is baking soda with its own combination of acids to activate it.

And that worked. 

3 comments:

vza said...

Are you okay, Chip?

Chip Ahoy said...

I'm fine.

How are you?

vza said...

Fine, thanks. Because of this pandemic, I was just a bit worried when I didn't see any new posts. Happy to hear you are okay.

Recently made this:
https://www.davidlebovitz.com/the-joy-of-cooking-meat-pie-recipe-tourtiere/

Blog Archive