Tuna sushi with avocado








Frozen.




There is sushi rice under the tuna. The rice wads are smeared with American horseradish. The pieces of tuna are so large that I didn't have the heart to cut them so I kept slicing to the edge that is smaller. I sliced from oversized to undersized, all the same thickness.

I realize that I won't win any awards for presentation in Asia but I am American over here doing my own thing for dinner and this is what I wanted and this is what I have on hand and this is how it turned out.

I'm surprised the avocado is still good. That was my favorite part.

The whole thing is drizzled with soy sauce. The good kind that's mellow.

I tasted a slice of tuna when it was still a little bit frozen and there was no taste at all.

Zero.

And I thought, "Oh man, this crap is the worst."

Then I had it again when it thawed and it mixed with horseradish, soy, apple cider vinegar and sugar in the rice, and all that together brought forward a gentle tuna flavor and I marveled that such a light unobtrusive flavor that speaks of a gentle spirit comes from such a powerful fish.

Oh wait, that's salmon that is so powerful. Nevermind.

Joke! They're both very strong fish.

No comments:

Blog Archive