Tonkatsu


🙋‍♂️Sir, what do you intend to do with this pork?

     👨‍🍳I intend to bread it and deep fry it. But I must also shred some cabbage and I must prepare a sauce made from commercial sauces.





Okay, right off the bat. Screw this. Too much fat. Change of plan. Put this away for now. Maybe a stew later. That was the original idea anyway.

Hang on. This end part isn't so bad.



They're so tiny it's hardly worth the trouble.


Flattened out thinly. These are more thin than you usually see. These will cook in one minute.


But wait! First I must prepare cabbage. Usually a regular cabbage but I prefer napa.









But wait! before I fry them I must prepare a sauce from these three things plus a bit of sugar.



🙋‍♂️Perfect. Tell me, Sir, how did you get to be so ace?

     👨‍🍳 Experience. YouTube videos. They all say the same thing. It's like, what are you guys, Borg, or what? Come on! It makes you reliable while also predictable as h-e-double stack of loaded dice. Ask YouTube for videos of biscuits and you'll get a million different videos and approaches, but ask YouTube for videos about Japanese potato salad or Tonkatsu and you'll get a million videos that all say the same thing. 

How do you guys do that? How do you agree on everything so readily? It's eerie.

          🕴You try being individual in a collectivist society and see how you like it.

No comments:

Blog Archive