Cucumber and tuna roll



Rice made the usual way; rinsed, steamed in X 1.5 water to rice on low for 25 minutes, continuing for another 10 minutes off heat. This rice is truly weird. It's a different short grain rice, stickier, sweeter, starchier, puffier. I don't think I care for it although there's nothing specifically bad about it.

The thing is, this is just as good without the nori. I had extra tuna, rice, and cucumber so I didn't bother rolling it. Just ate it in separate piles. I'm such a slouch.

Lots of soy sauce to go with that wasabi. Incidentally, the wasabi is the real deal. It's not the American horseradish dyed green that even Japanese use, oh no, this is real wasabi turned to powder. Got it at the speciality spice store. I think you'll find it's much milder than the fake-o horseradish type, although if that's what you're used to then what the heck, go ahead and slum it. Just be aware there's another world of reality out there, another plateau of rarified existence.

What?

No comments:

Blog Archive