Sausage


These are the last two of four sausages marketed as jalapeño and so presumably hot. The first two were squeezed from their casings and used for risotto, here. These two were seared in a deep pot which happens to be a pressure pot so a small amount of water was aded, the lid clamped on,  and the sausages were finished under pressure which speeded the process appreciably. I bought the sausages for the novelty.  I've never seen jalapeño sausages before and it seemed like a good idea. I'm on a jalapeño kick right now and adding it to sausages is the sort of thing I'd do myself. Truth be told, I could not detect the slightest trace of jalapeño flavor in these and they are not hot at all. *whispers * Threw one out. They are not very good.


2 comments:

J.W. Mosley said...

In Houston, you frequently have to specify "no jalapeno" when ordering sausage, or risk getting an ass-kicking surprise in your meal.

Alex Staff said...

I suddenly became hungry for 'em right now! Sausages have always been my favorite since I was kid… I've already tried that before! I would never forget how it tasted. It was so meaty delicious!!

Blog Archive