Mussels and mushrooms.




Wrong wine. I don't care.


Chefs use parsley but Homey ain't got time fo dat.




You convince them to die and open up by extreme heat but not cook them. 





Ew, gross me out.  We eat this stuff.

We find mushrooms in the forest and eat them. We find mussels in the ocean and we eat them. We don't even care. They pop up, the fruiting bodies of mycelia consuming dead logs,  they hide in the water and we just don't even care. We will eat you ugly or not. You don't have to be beautiful as an apple, you can be ugly as this and we will eat you. We are human. We just flat do not care.




ARTS!

Right here. I didn't even enlarge anything. This is what shows. Lookathat. No tripod. No extra lights. Just a cell phone. 


















Ew, gross me out. Mussels are gross. 

     👩‍🍳 Bobby, stop examining your food with a loupe. 

I never understood sanding boards. It was the f.o. job given little punks to keep us busy. I had no idea what I was doing. Just rubbing a board. The shop teacher made me sand. My dad made me sand. My best friend made me sand for days. Weeks, actually. And I never once knew what I was doing.

Then I sanded my own window sill and I used a loupe to see what I was doing. I kept sanding and looking through the loupe. My friends who saw this told me I am nuts. "Only Bo would use a loupe to sand a bunch of boards." That was the joke.

Then I said, "Lookie, you dopes." 

They said, "What?"

I said, "No really. Lookie through the loupe." 

So they did. And they were each amazed at what they saw. Suddenly the whole world of sanding makes perfect sense, not just for me, but for everyone.

See, you use the scratchiest sanding paper and scratch the heck out of the whole thing to match up the worst damage. Blend the damage with equal scratch-damage. You are purposefully scratching the wood to blend all previous scratch-damage.

Then the next least scratchiest and that damages the whole thing down to the lowest level of the previous sandpaper. And all the scratches are less deep. This sandpaper knocked off the tops of all the scratch-ridges. This sandpaper equalizes everything.

Then you get a finer sandpaper and do that all over again until all the scratches match this finer sandpaper, all the tops of the scratches brought down, and all the little scratch-ditches are equally minor.

Then you get a fine sandpaper and do that all over again until all the scratches, the entire board is lowered to the level of the lowest fine sandpaper, which isn't very much sanding. You can do this in like one minute.

Then you get superfine sandpaper and do the same thing, the loupe shows nary a scratch anywhere. You turned the surface of wood into glass. And that's an awful lot of sanding but a lot more interesting when you watch all the scratches disappear. 

     👩‍🍳 What does that have to do with mussels and mushrooms?

Well, it's the same thing. You see what's going on.

No comments:

Blog Archive