Mango with cantaloupe and cucumber, bacon & eggs


This is basically about a combination of mango and cantaloupe with cucumber and then heated up with a single fresh jalapeño, and boy, this particular pepper sure is hot. This intrigues me. It was burning my face off unpleasantly and I ended up cutting off the outer flesh from the inner membrane of individual slices there on my plate to lessen its beastly fire, and even then it was still quite hot. There was no unifying dressing, glop, or glue, say yogurt, to hold it together, just a pile of fruit and melon and gourd, Anacardiaceae and Cucurbitaceae to be a nerd about it. 




Cilantro, which life wouldn't be the same without. Americans call the leafy portion of the plant cilantro and the seeds of the same plant coriander. Other English-speaking nations refer to both portions as coriander and then specify either leaf or seed. 

It is a scientific FACT that some unfortunate people are genetically predisposed to be absolutely cilantrophobic, and that makes me feel pity. It is commonly understood that you either love it or you hate it, but I do not comport with that belief. I myself hated cilantro in the past and I wondered why anyone would ever use it, much less understood why anyone would ever use a lot of it, and now I love it wholeheartedly and I am rarely without a bunch of cilantro held in refrigeration as a growing plant in a cup of water even when I have no immediate use for it. So in my own case cilantro, leafy coriander, was an acquired taste, and that means there is hope for you, if you are a h8r, if you would just keep giving it a chance. Even the Beatles agree, "Give Leaves a Chance".




Thick-slab deli bacon is baked at 425℉ for 12 minutes, turned and retuned to the oven for another 4 minutes. A crude aluminum foil pan is fashioned to facilitate cleanup. This was done in a tabletop microwave/convection combination oven, handy little thing. 



ARTS !

No comments:

Blog Archive