White chocolate coated roasted pecans


Santa Fe chile powder and sea salt.



I was enjoying these white chocolate couverture buttons all week. I could not keep off them and I thought, hey, better use them or write them off as candy.

But that was when I thought it was honest to goodness cocoa fat without the cocoa solids. I thought it was the stuff that is the byproduct of making powdered cocoa, where solids and oil are separated. After I determined I like the taste of them I discovered the ingredients and they have nothing to do with chocolate whatsoever. Nothing. It's all oil and artificial flavoring and that discovery made me so cross I feel like tossing out the entire batch, marching right out there to Whole Foods or to Tonys or Marczy or even Sprouts or Trader Joe's. For the real thing. The fat that comes from cocoa nuts. Man, who would even think of ripping you off like this? It's a reliable chocolate company up until now, and they pull this bullshit. It makes me angry. That does it, Ghirardelli is just nonsense. 


I thought I was getting the fat that comes out of a cocoa nut but instead I got palm oils and nonfat dry milk, glyceryl lacto esters and soy lecithin. 

You would expect it to be close to 100% fat except for some sugars and a few other ingredients. I want the real thing, not this crap. 



It's like finding out your maple syrup isn't real and the honey at the restaurant isn't real or the icing on the cake is really Crisco and sugar. I could kill somebody for that when the basis for buying it is the trust that the product is what it says with no dissimilation. Of course it's real. Who would question?  I don't care how well it works, how good it tastes, how great the reviews it gets all over the place from candy makers who don't care about their ingredients. I want the real thing. 



No wonder it behaved strangely. It's not real. 





It's a great idea. It tastes fantastic. The flavors are unusual and intriguing and satisfying and good and the whole thing is ruined because Ghiradelli thinks it's cool to provide palm oils and suggest it's white chocolate. Bah. 

No comments:

Blog Archive