coffee cake





Maybe I should have left it in the oven a few more minutes but the bell dinged and I'm hungry

Maybe I had just used a little less baking powder.

And maybe a little less topping would be better.

But this is what happens when you wing it like I do. And there is nobody around here to criticize it. So there.

And nobody suggested ginger, but there it was next to the cinnamon. So why not? 

These things are crude. They are made clumsily and crudely. No bother sifting the flour. No bother creaming sugar into butter. No bother using low protein flour. Just rub the butter into dry ingredients and pour beaten egg and milk with vanilla into it. And the topping is the same ingredients as the cake except with cinnamon added.

And that's the way uh huh, uh huh, I l-i-i-i-i-ke it uh huh, uh huh. 

No comments:

Blog Archive