Ginger ale (second try)


Four days fermentation, the bottles are burped. 

They show a lot of effervescence, but the chilled drinks are still rather flat.



To me the taste is not that pleasant, insufficiently sweet. They have a faint alcoholic taste that I don't care for. On the first sips I can feel it in the veins in my neck. 

When the jars are strained and sugar added then they taste much better, closer to commercial sugary carbonated drinks taste, and when I run them through the Soda Stream then they are very close to commercial but with the benefit of probiotic drink. 

My next batch will stronger with ginger so that it nearly burns. I'll be sure to add molasses for depth, and continue with adding more sugar after fermentation and carbonation until fizzy through the Soda Stream. I like the adjusted version very much. But then my personal taste is closer to hummingbird preference on the sugary sweetness scale. 

I you like wine and beer then you'll probably like the less sweet version. 

No comments:

Blog Archive