Bacon, eggs and toast breakfast


Try it with tarragon. You'll like it.

*squeaky voice* "I don't like tarragon." 

"Try it, I said." 

This is what my dad had for breakfast everyday for sixty years. 

Then finally, long after retirement, after two retirements, actually, his doctor told him to knock it off with the bacon and eggs everyday. His cholesterol was too high. 

Gasp. How in the world was he going to do something so drastic as that?

So he did change his diet. He tried to. But it was too late. That steady diet, that daily infusion of fried food,  had already taken its toll. We began to notice changes. Small changes at first.

Would you like to meet him? He's a truly outstanding guy. Total standup guy. And I mean it. I'm so proud of him. I cannot live up to his accomplishments. His name is John.

"Hey Dad!" 

     "What is it, Son?"

"Come here a minute."

     "Why?" 

"There's someone here I want you to meet."

     "Okay, Son, I'll be right there." 


No comments:

Blog Archive