beef steak and mushroom risotto



This is a version of risotto that would get me kicked out of Italy.

La la la, I don't care.

I'm in Denver, not Italy, so they cannot kick me out. *sticks thumbs in ears, wiggles fingers*

Thank you, Italy, for the idea and the technique and the cheese.

Thank you, Japan, for the marinating ingredients.

Thank you, American farmers, for the excellent beef, mushroom, and free range organic chicken and rice.

The rice is grown in California by a Japanese owned company.

It's a perfectly good New York steak that for some reason I decided not to prepare as a steak.

And that was a good choice.

It was sliced thinly and marinated overnight in my favorite Japanese ingredients.

The rice is plump starchy short-grain rice used for sushi and such. It forms a fine sauce as it's stirred.





No comments:

Blog Archive