gyros on malted whole wheat bread





I stopped by Melita's on Lincoln but they appeared to be closed. For good.

But nothing shows about that online.

I had hoped to buy gyros there, the best that's available, and tzatziki, and typical Greek salad, but instead bought all those things at Trader Joe's nearby and I must say the Trader Joes gyros is 2nd rate. Sliced in thin uniform cuts it has the appearance of having been frozen, somewhat mushy, pressed together, difficult to separate, and unstable. It tastes okay but nothing spectacuar.

And that's a bummer!

The heirloom tomatoes at Trader Joes are outstanding. Much better than regular grocery store tomatoes.

As always, the people who work there are all gorgeous. Lovely people. All of them.

I had fun today.

I need more grain from the brewery downstairs and I want those guys down there to know how amazing the bread is that's made from their malted grain so last night I made a loaf and packaged it to give to them to do with whatever they will.

I also took all these elements to make sandwiches so they had this sandwich as well. I also took my new Shun Japanese bread knife so their minds can be blown hard as mine is. The dude sliced the whole loaf because nothing slices like this knife does. It's awesome. Zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip, zip boom entire loaf sliced perfectly. 

You're not supposed to slice bread in advance, now it will dry out sooner, but what the heck, it was fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive