Juice, celery, Asian pear, Grannie Smith apple




This juice is delicious. 

Usually, celery clumps sit in my refrigerator for weeks on end until the remnant stalks turn limp and useless then get tossed out.

But last night I bought two clumps and one is already used. I love going through fruit and vegetables in vast quantities. 

You know that you're buying real food when all your shopping bags are heavy. The weight is the water that's in fresh fruit and vegetables. Tinned fruit and vegetables just flat doesn't cut it. Frozen things too that are processed. 

When the cells are opened, when the skin is broken, then nutrients oxidize such as the starch in potatoes. Immediately nutrition begins to evaporate; delicate phytonutrients live enzymes diminish greatly and quickly. And these are absorbed by the body impressively quickly. It's a rush. 

You can notice this by comparing green vegetables whizzed in a blender compared with the same vegetables processed slowly by masticating juicer. The blender version will be darker due to the oxidation caused by whizzing around so violently. The juicer version will be lighter. You might think that darker is better for having more visible nutrients, but the opposite is true. Darker is worse. 

Per the instructions of one Anthony William known by his readers as the Medical Medium, juicers are preparing the juice from celery everyday for breakfast. I understand they finish the day with juice from cucumbers. Williams believes that celery holds the key to sickness prevention and to rapid recovery. I don't know anything else about him or about celery, all that I know is this is delicious. 

I tasted it with just celery. No me gusta. 

Too much like intense celery. Too one-dimensional. Insufficiently sweet.

So, last night I added a small orange beet, Asian pear and green apple.

This morning I spaced the beet. Both versions are fantastic as juice. And now I have new respect for celery, the loser vegetable.

Can you imagine going shopping and putting 5 bunches of celery in your trolly? That's what's going to happen. It's better than orange juice. 

Last night was the first time I ever bought 2 pineapples. Can you imagine buying 3 or 4?

Last night the check out guy fumbled a container of blueberries. One dropped here, one dropped there. No problem, just close it and scan it. Then the guy goes, "I'll give you this package for free." 

And I'm all, "Score!" 

And,

"Thank you." 

No comments:

Blog Archive