Pacific Ocean Market




This is the first thing you see when you enter and turn right. 

This is what I came for; to experiment with bizarre fruit and vegetables. 

To put in the juicer and see what happens.


It's an impressively long series of aisles. But they were out of water chestnuts at the far end. They did have abundant regular chestnuts. 


See that? 
Do Do Fish balls. 
There is an entire long case of these various packages with some kind of dumpling, or non-dumpling  meatball of some type, beef, pork, chicken and mushroom, for example. Every combination imaginable. Amuse-bouche sort of things, or possibly meat balls to put into soup. Maybe salads or side dishes. Who knows?  Both sides of a very long case with glass top that you walk around. I was tempted. Maybe next time. They look interesting.

But then, I don't buy prepared American meatballs either. That's ridiculous.







I bought one of these. The guy chopped it up. I spoke with a woman while waiting for hers to be chopped and I spoke with a young family while waiting for mine to be chopped. 

And that guy is a dead serious chopper. 




Rolls that would be three times as much at the regular places I go.


Durian. This fruit is the inspiration for the name of the rock band Durian Durian.


White bean dessert


They make their own tofu. 


My shopping cart.


Unloading at home. This is half. I can't fit it all on the butcher block cart.


No comments:

Blog Archive