Cream of Poblano and Anaheim chile soup








With blueberries, what the heck, they were there. Either those or pecans.

These are both mild chiles between bell peppers and jalapeƱos on the Scoville scale.

Honestly, I think anything you do with these chiles will be successful. I make this soup differently each time I make it and it's truly great each time.

The idea is use some kind of soup stock as base, add vegetable components such as mirepoix, then roast the chiles, peel them, de-seed them and blend it all together.

I would have preferred leeks. I thought that I bought them, but failed on that one.

And I would have preferred beef stock but I failed on that too.

But I did have more parsnips than I cared to have around and I did have plenty of honey-baked ham including the bone.

So this soup is pork-based and this has many more parsnips than I'd ever use without being stuck with a bunch of those stupid things.

Another thing that makes this soup different from all the other cream of poblano soups that I tried is the vegetables were run through the juicer. It was their juice that was added, not the vegetables and I juiced a lot more vegetables than I would have put into the soup whole.

I wanted pork bits but everything else pureed. To get that, then everything was treated differently before it was added to the soup, instead of blending the whole thing afterward.

Everything about this was weird and it still came out tasting outstanding. The next time I make this it will be entirely different and that too will be outstanding. These roasted chiles are excellent in soup. I recommend them for everyone. You can even put cornmeal or masa in this to thicken it, if you like. I'm certain that anything that you try will be great.

You'll wonder why this isn't more common.

No comments:

Blog Archive