Scrambled eggs


These are the best scrambled eggs I've ever had my whole life. I've been doing them wrong all this time.

Scrambled eggs as a lumpy failed sauce.

I got the idea from the Hollandaise last night. One wrong move, and BANG you've got scrambled eggs. So what about when you want scrambled eggs? I made these scrambled eggs gently the way I'd heat an egg sauce, except instead of whisking in butter, I gently stirred in cream. For a touch of acid, I added a teaspoon of last night's Hollandaise which also has mustard. I did not use a double boiler, rather, a non-stick pan on low as the stove would go, removing the pan from heat whenever I felt it becoming too hot or going too fast. Eggs scrambled and heated gently as sauce, that's the deal.

Here, crushed black pepper, salt, spring onion, and mint, plus that one teaspoon Hollandaise going into three eggs. Warmed the eggs in a bowl of hot water before starting out to sort of temper them from having been chilled. The moral of the story is be kind to your eggs.

No comments:

Blog Archive