Mint


This is a very small plate of pasta with vegetables, lemon, and mint, and no cheese, that came about because the mint in this Aerogarden ↓ is getting out of hand. 

The garden is placed on top of the refrigerator, and the whole kitchen area has a lowered ceiling, so  the top of the refrigerator is not the ideal place to position an Aerogarden with lamps on a telescoping arm that can extend to at least 3X what the space allows. It is stupid, I know, but that is what must be. 


So it was trimmed rather severely and the lamps lowered. 


Resulting in this ↑ and this ↓  


and this ↓


Lots of mint there. So I made a Mojito. Problem: no lime. Solution: lemon was substituted. Conclusion: it is gross as all hell. Do not ever substitute lemon for lime in a Mojito again. After twenty-five to thirty sips I gave up on it entirely and dumped the rest. Maybe Bacardi Select is not the best type of rum for this. And maybe regular Bacardi cannot fix it. I think I muddled the mint too extremely. The mint floated to the top in tiny pieces and mixed with the ice. The sugar seemed wrong. I learned that crushed ice means crushed ice and not snow cone ice with remnant abused cubes. I will have to go back to that Cuban place a few blocks from here and observe the proper way to go about this. It seems simple enough. 

No comments:

Blog Archive