cornbread with cheese, bacon and jalapeño


I broke another coffee mill processing pop-corn, so I threw it away and brought out the flour mill. The corn is too big to fit until I turned the knob from fine to more coarse. That opened the burrs enough for the kernels to feed through. 



Flour and cornmeal in equal tablespoon increments into the liquid portion until it becomes satisfactorily thick.

The liquid portion includes four egg yolks and one whole egg. For some reason I wanted this to be very eggy and rich.


Two types of cheese, actually, and really good ones too.


Jalapeños finished with the bacon so they are roasted before being included.


One teaspoon baking powder at the very end because it goes active the moment it touches liquid.


Extra cornmeal frozen for later.



Baked to 200℉ because that's boiling in Denver, and that's when cornmeal polenta cooks when its not used in bread.


This is so good. I'm glad I invented it. Cheese bacon and jalapeño, the same three things that make macaroni taste great. 

No comments:

Blog Archive