Fast bread made in a cloche

On YouTube I saw a woman open Lipton's onion soup mix and rub it on her beef brisket, and I thought, that's not the onion soup with which I am familiar with caramelized onion and homemade beef broth, wine, toasted bread raft slathered with gruyere cheese baked to perfection. Easy enough, but this is not it. Instead, it's dehydrated onion and beef bullion, spices and plenty of salt sold in an envelope. Like Ramen. I can do better than that with the greatest of ease. And whatever is in that Lipton's envelope of onion soup used as meat rub then I can do better than that too. There is simply no real use for these bizarre dehydrated products. What am I, on a campout?

So I made onion soup on the fly like Lipton does but with an onion and commercial beef broth sold in cartons. I filled out the profile with my favorite Asian flavor ingredients and BAM! There it is, onion soup of a type that is extraordinarily delicious. You cannot get enough of the stuff. But it's not French onion soup. And that made me realize it's been weeks since I've had any bread.

This is yeast proofing. There is no need to do this. The yeast is frozen and it will last for years on end. It always works, there is nothing to prove. But I like watching it change. This is sped up X20. They're having a little orgy in there.





No comments:

Blog Archive