Fruit plate

Fruit and berry saucer to be exact.



I thought these were blueberries.

Because they were with the blueberries, and whoever sells grapes like this?


GAWL! Now I am forlornly blueberryless.

And I already bought other grapes.


Notice I changed the lens? 

The micro 60mm fixed cannot do this. This close, its wall of focus becomes too narrow and everything beyond the narrow wall goes out of focus.

Excuse me, I meant to say "depth of field." 

We photographer types are a technical lot.


Hey! Would you like to play around with my Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 wide angle lens? It's awesome. It's larger and heavier and much more expensive than the camera. 

Yes! I do want to play around with your 14-24 wide angle. Gimme. 


See, we photographers are artists at heart. We're as conscious of what we purposefully leave out as much as what we put into the frame. Just so. We push clutter aside. Dust up the whole area.

This plate is on a work surface cluttered with crap. I'm too lazy to put it away. It could be part of the art. It's not so bad after all. But it's something that must be considered. Do I want this crap in the frame or not? 

Now, with this in mind, go forth and make art.


ARTS!

The whole point was to buy Colorado peaches in season and these are not ripe and they are not flavorful. 

They were pushing nectarines. I should have taken the hint and bought those. What's wrong with me? Sometimes I cannot take a hint.

No comments:

Blog Archive