Heirloom tomatoes on sourdough bread






Boy, I sure hope my doctors can figure out why I'm so lazy. 

It's been a real trial. I finally went shopping after a doctor visit, Whole Foods is quite close to the office, and I was reminded again how gorgeous the people are and how eager they are to engage conversationally, both customers and workers. 

It's not at all what everyone says that it is.

No matter how busy, the workers are into the food and eager to discuss details. 

And so are the customers.

And I'm glad that I found genuine sourdough bread at Whole Foods because I'm too lazy to make it myself. It's a massive pain in the butt. And a huge mess. And it takes several days, but it's all worth it. 

But only when you have the energy for that. 

Oddly, the guy at the baking counter doesn't make bread himself. He knows about it, he's just not into baking it. I'm all, "Just as well. It really is involved." 

But this sourdough is more Wonder bread-like with its soft texture. Mine is a lot more firm and the crust a lot crunchier. The difference is this bread has safflower oil added. It also has rosemary, but not enough. I cannot taste it. 

And that came from a conversation I had with a woman picking out heirloom tomatoes. 

That's what I waited for too long this year. The whole summer is nearly done and I'm only just started. I've just really hated the idea of shopping and cooking and cleaning. And that's w-a-a-a-a-y out of character to just let everything go. 

These sandwiches took two heirloom tomatoes.

I scarfed this like a starved pig.

No comments:

Blog Archive