Crab dashi with tofu and napa and tomato

 


The shells of 2.5 snow crabs was simmered for ten minutes and then steeped with kombu overnight. All that was strained for a clear broth. Drizzles of 4 of the Asian flavor elements pushed out the profile; soy sauce, toasted sesame seed oil, rice vinegar and sugar. See? Sweet and sour right there.

There are a lot of elements around here that I could have used and usually do, but this turned out for me very well. 

I practiced listening to my body and the result is this bowl of hospital food.

My mind forced my eyeballs to show myself each item then wait for my body's decision that turned out to be no, no, no, no, no. No to tuna, no to salmon, no to shrimp, no to rockfish, no to chicken, pork and to beef. No to regular cabbage, no to carrots, no to onion, leeks, scallions and chives. No to garlic. No to mushrooms. No to radishes. No to ginger. No to broccoli. No to peas. No to cucumber and to chiles. 

Why all the no answers? 

I don't know. All that I know is keep it simple. Very simple. Very very simple. 

The other thing that I know is this really does hit the spot. I am glad half is leftover because I am getting it right now. 

How 'bout an egg? 

Eh, well, maybe perhaps, by chance, somewhat, a little bit. Possibly.

No comments:

Blog Archive