Foamy eggs and vegetables

Starved.  All day.  Tried this at night.



This is not a soufflé.  It's carrying way too much vegetables, a sauce was not prepared, and no care whatever was taken to assure anything other than the eggs spreading enough liquid and cheese to cover all the vegetables with wet cheesy foam.







I forgot how much bacon I put in there and how salty that is.  When I added salt to the vegetables I thought, "this has to go for two eggs too," so I added a little more.  Then I thought, "this is kosher salt which is a lot flakier than granular salt, you know," so I added a little more to make up for the flakiness.  

Mistake, all that was too much salt.

I could hardly finish it.  I didn't finish it.  It was like eating a spongy salt lick -- a salt lick covered with anchovies. A salt lick covered with anchovies that fell into a salt pit deep within a salt mine on Planet Salt, bombarded with salt asteroids that resulted in flooding of super-saturated brine in which this became engulfed. Then it snowed. NaCl. And it continued to snow for an age until the NaCl-snow built up in gigantic piles and compressed under its own intense weight until ultimately its chemistry changed forming veritable diamonds of salt-ice under glaciers of compressed salt-snow above extended salt-ice-shelves, underneath all of that and now quite thoroughly permeated with the essence of salt, on a cooling planet in the saltier section of space. That's what this got up to taste like. 

Put me off bacon for another six months.

No comments:

Blog Archive