Roasted chicken in makeshift cloche


The idea was to stuff the chicken with mushrooms and garlic and herbs, then cook it en cloche atop a pile of cut vegetables upon which the chicken will drip its excess oil and moisture. Thing is, I don't have a cloche. But I do have a rather large unglazed ceramic bowl that I don't mind messing with oil, and I do have other glass bowls that I can use as a lid to watch what's going on.

I'm predicting all kind of trouble once this lid gets hot. It has no handle and no convenient way to remove it.

After the salt incident with the puffy eggs and vegetables I'm reticent to add it, and yet any directions you'll ever read will instruct you to salt the chicken inside and out. I didn't brine the chicken either.




Yup, all kind of trouble. What we have here is a homemade cloche.


More brown, please.



Those are the vegetables the chicken was sitting on, raised above on this trivet thingie that comes with a pressure cooker. The mushrooms were disgusting. Note to self: never stuff a chicken with mushrooms again, it wastes them.



ARTS!


What a mess. This bowl never did clean up. It is now permanently marked by this one event.



Gag. Needs salt, quick! Pepper too. Stat. Stat. I ate all of this except for one carrot. With tons of stuff left over to graze upon at will later.


Its poor little carcass is down there completely drowned. I used to think this was macabre, now I find it fun. In the end, more liquid gold. Thank you, Chicken, I cooked the thing that laid the golden broth. I mean "made" the golden broth.

No comments:

Blog Archive