Lamb and rice








The rice is steamed the normal way. 1 + 1/2 liquid : 1 rice

This is so tricky, best to be a child to do it, the rice and liquid is brought to a boil on high but that is just to get the whole thing most assuredly steaming, the rice begins to absorb the liquid quickly and tends to stick to the pot so the rice is stirred, the pot is covered and lifted off the heat while the heat falls down to low. The pot then steams on low for twenty-five minutes, never uncovered, then an additional ten minutes completely off the heat and still covered and steaming in there. Then fluffed up. 

I'm tired of explaining this. For now on use that thing up there in the corner to search this blogger site for "I'm tired of explaining steamed rice." Thank you. 


Except this time the rice was spiced up like you wouldn't believe. Even more than the lamb spice shown above. The cooking liquid was unsightly dark brown. It is incomparably delicious but I would not serve it. Why? Too spicy. 


I mean, come on, my lips are still vibrating. 

The mint was grown out on the balcony. 

From the plants those two caterpillars did not manage to strip. I almost saved the caterpillars that stripped the mint plants to see what kind of butterfly they would turn into but then I thought I would be really pissed off if after sacrificing four mint plants just to watch them they then turn into moths. So I flicked them like cigarette butts over the balcony railing.  

No comments:

Blog Archive