Chicken soup from bones



These are mostly femur bones from chickens, if chickens have femurs, the large bone in chicken thighs. They are crushed with pliers, and I usually do not do this much bone crushing.


The bones are roasted. On high. To impart layers of flavor that would be absent without it.



Old bay, and not a good thing either. I'm tired of fishing out little broken pieces to use, so out with it.









I must say, this is so good with my own bread, it doubles the goodness. This bread has more character to it than official sourdough loaves that I purchased from stores. They usually disappoint me when I bother, and this bread beats those.

Also, this is chicken broth, not chicken stock. All that bay, salt, coriander seed, mustard seed, fennel seed, black pepper seed, an entire garlic bulb cut in two, and a whole onion sliced in two, the end of a celery bunch, and a couple of carrots, so a full on chicken broth thoroughly flavored.

I tested it for adjustments.

No adjustments necessary, except possibly water because this broth is not light.  

So naturally I added heavy cream to finish.

A portion of the potato is blended. 

You don't find soup like this, you just don't.

No comments:

Blog Archive