Sliced steak and rice




Shaved steak, not sliced. Mostly frozen steak run through the Cuisinart with no pressure at all, just the weight of feed tube apparatus itself so that the blade passes more times. Otherwise the slices would be too thick.

The idea comes from Taste of Philly next door. Their steak is shaved too. 

I tried frying the shavings, and this time frying and pressure cooking to tenderize more. I do not know what they are doing over there, I assume shaving beef, marinating it and grilling, so far theirs is consistently better than mine. They use a lot of beef too. I can tell by amount of shaving that come off a chunk and what that amount of shaving cooks down to.

I'm in a shaved steak phase right now. I'll figure this out. 

I could ask them at Philly's what they do, and they will answer, but from having already spoken with them I cannot expect much clarification. Like, if I were to ask, "What kind of steak do you use?" and "How is it processed before it gets here?" and "How long and in what kind of marinade?" and "Do you slice beef here or does it arrive already measured or what?" They will not be able to provide clarification. I imagine as much is already prepared as possible so that kids with no experience can pull it off consistently throughout their outlets throughout various states. 

No comments:

Blog Archive