Egg with spaghetti and ham


Oh it was fry, fry, fry, 'til her daddy took her butter a-wa~ay.
choir: fry,fry,fr-y-y-y-y, daddy took her butter a-way.
falsetto: a-way ya-way ya-way ya-w-a-a-a-ay  


Why not poach it?

That is a great way, an easy way, a better way than frying, and it trims the white when lifting out of the water and shapes into a nice little yolk-bladder, but sometimes you do want that egg white, or don't mind it, and besides, the pan was right there and hot from heating the ham. But so is the water for cooking the noodles. The egg can follow the spaghetti, it only takes a minute. So there is really no excuse except for impatience over a minute or two.

The floppy portion of egg white is on the other side of the hill of spaghetti, it doesn't photograph well so it was turned around and concealed, but I do want to eat it. Protein and all that. I think. Vitamins probably. Minerals maybe. I don't know.  


See what I did there? I stabbed it so it pours out. That's the fun part. 

I feel sorry for pigs because once my older brother and I saw one being slaughtered. My older brother is incorrigibly curious and bold and although he knew full well we were restricted he looked right through the open door crack anyway, very un-Cub Scout that, and made me come over and look too. 

Maybe it was the other way around. I remember knowing I shouldn't look. The rules said so. I vaguely recall having a mini argument about it. Imagining punishment.

"Hey, come over here and look what they're doing to a pig."
"No."
"Come here and look, I said."
"No."
"Come here and look."
"Okay."

I know if I fed this ham to those pigs they would eat it without philosophical compunction. They'd be all, "Snort, scarf, snort, hey this is great." And then the pig continues speaking, once they get started they cannot be turned off "Yes, you know the equivalent of your justification  there is for me to feed you human steak and see you  enjoy it and agree it is fine." 

"Yeah, but you're not, and I'm not." 

There is a word for this: carbonara. What has it to do with carbon? Probably the workers. Coal workers. Imagine a roach-coach type set up where coal workers lunch regularly. Or food heaters that used coal. 

No comments:

Blog Archive