Hummus and lettuce leaves



Five minutes from dried beans to hummus. How is that done? I know how I do it but for some reason it has not caught on and swept the world. 


I am proud to show off the trophy I was awarded for this culinary innovation by a group I hadn't heard of before, the VN DPG, the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetics Practice Group. Lovely people, they just sent it. 

Subtle. They object to bacon in a vegetarian dish.



* chickpeas in coffee grinder to powder
* X 3 water to chickpea powder
* butter or olive oil
* salt/pepper
* cayenne
* honey
* lemon or lime
* garlic 
* pulse in microwave and stir between pulses, stir a lot, to boiling, within three minutes.
* tahini or peanut butter + toasted sesame seed oil
* itsy bitsy 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon allspice and there goes the beautiful golden color.

* consider raisins
* consider nuts

No comments:

Blog Archive