Rib eye steak, green beans, green salad, dinner





Around here we say "thank you" in any language we want and nobody bats an eye.


"The door needs to be half way opened. (It is freezing outsize) And the fan turned on full blast."

"Okay."

"Here's how I time it." *Holds hand above the frying steak as if frying my own hand*

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyooooooooooooooowwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo
oooooooooooooo"

"Haha ha hahahahaha hahaha hahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Stop it, you idiot."

"Then flip it and put it in the oven directly. No more stovetop."



For a few minutes in the oven, just a few, then out. All that heat stovetop on high for just one minute and all that heat in the oven just for a few more minutes and then pulled out, covered for a minute or so longer than it cooked. It cooks very fast. As fast as it takes to brand a cow. 

Okay, I lied, not that fast, but you get the point. Imagine it hurting and you will not overcook your steak.



Ben & Jerry's, one is Cherry Garcia the other is Coffee Heath bar. 


This steak is quite incredible. 

They both weigh a pound. Once here and together and looking the steaks in the eye, regarding them up and down and over and around we decided we could not eat a whole steak each so split one, and then at the table and into it I realized, yes, I can eat the whole thing. A whole pound of beef in one sitting. Easily. Like buttuh, this steak. I don't know what they're doing up there at Oliver's but I know why their customers are so loyal. It is expensive. Much more so than than the regular grocery. Ridiculous. And worth every penny. I have never had steak this good. Honestly I do not think I can have an ordinary steak again. I am hooked.

A whole pile of raw hazelnuts crushed with a garlic press into vegetable oil and heated to toast the nuts and flavor the oil. That is a large component of the salad. White wine vinegar at the very end.

Balsamic aged 7 years, a teaspoon of that for the beans. 

No comments:

Blog Archive