Sweet potato, pecans


I like that you're nice to animals. I find your humor charming. Can I get you anything? Sus zapatos son muy caliente. I observed your thoughtfulness and thought, "wow, I want to be like that." Can I wash your car? I don't mind at all, I know your work is important. Ta daaaa, the gutters are cleared. Why take it to a garage when I can realign your headlights for you? You're joking, if anything that dress makes you look too thin. Here, let me carry that. Your dog is walked and the poo is picked up. You are really smart, that's your best asset. I love your singing. I always did value your opinion. 

Sweet potato. Super sweet potato. A potato so sweet it may as well be candy.

Without all that sugar. 

The thing is, when roasted the starch inside breaks down by heat and converts to sugar that continues by heat to caramelize right there in the oven so it is already sweet. In its sweet potato way, it is sweet. A surprising kind of sweetness that goes a little bit "thud," an in-between vegetable-sweetness concentrated by roasting that could as easily go savory. 

The topping is the same ingredients that go into pralines except a lot less brown sugar. 

And the thick sweet sauce not mixed  into the potato either. Each forkful is mixed at the plate determined by how much additional  sweetness and spiced up sweet sauce is wanted, a pecan here and there. It is a very good meal by itself.

Conclusion: win

No comments:

Blog Archive