Cherry Garcia style ice cream







I used: 

*two cups of cream
*two cups of whole milk heated with *1 cup sugar

The milk is heated to dissolve the sugar 

*1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
*1/4 teaspoon salt. 

No egg. I did not want a frozen custard this time.

Next time I'll do 3 cups cream / 1 cup whole milk. That would be 2 cups cream / 2 cups half and half. Real Cherry Garcia is a bit heavier and denser than this. 

I almost used Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, that would be the sugar and milk but I didn't want the milk that condensed and I prefer it fresh not tinned.


A tablespoon of corn syrup to prevent formation of large crystals during freezing


Three tablespoons of cherry liqueur to kick up the cherry flavor.



1 comment:

Calypso Facto said...

Though I seldom eat ice cream, Cherry Garcia is my favorite. But with all your fresh ingredients, yours looks even fantastic-er.

Blog Archive