Ham and cheese rolls










The spiral ham has brown sugar cinnamon and clove on its surface already but not quite enough. Additional butter and  brown sugar, cinnamon, clove is combined separately as if cinnamon rolls but not as much cinnamon. 

Kind of like a pizza rolled up, except a lot sweeter.

Cheese goes well with sweet things and so does ham. It's a triangular flavor thing going on.

The idea arose from gougères earlier, the chicken failing, but why? What would be good with it?  It is so close to pizza, I thought the same amount of pepperoni or sausage or bacon or ham as would go with tiny pizzas, not a big pile as I had with the shredded chicken. I tried that and it worked. The ham and cheese gougères are excellent. Now I'm trying cheese sandwich this way and tomorrow I will try something else, the same idea another way. 









No comments:

Blog Archive