Ham and cheese doughnuts


Fried bread dough balls with savory elements inside, a shallow-fried version of ham and cheese sandwich. The center can be anything, think: pizza elements for calzone.



We're not making regular bread. It needn't rise fully as with regular bread. It need only be started, be alive and proof that it's going. It will loosen and you can get started tearing off pieces.







The surface is covered with oil so they don't stick. The tray covered and the dough balls allowed to proof further. 






I intended to put mustard on the ham inside but I forgot. 

I also forgot to add salt to the dough at the critical moment so each ball must be salted separately, even so they are delicious, I ate three before realizing, hey you spaced the salt in the dough. That happens because I want the dough to rise quickly so I hold off with salt that retards it until it has risen sufficiently then I forget and that happens a lot. The cheese and the ham are well-salted so it took a long time to notice. 

No comments:

Blog Archive