Coconut Mounds bars












They're good but not excellent.

I'm using plastic molds for Mounds and Almond Joy bars.

The molds are too shallow. Too small.

Vanilla darkens the white coconut and that is not acceptable. So does honey.

Here's the thing:

When I run coconut through juicer twice it extracts fat and milk and the dry white copra is extruded without them. Mounds and Almond Joy are made with desiccated coconut and corn syrup.

I want them to be white, not discolored from vanilla and I want them to be larger, taller and hold more coconut so these molds cannot be used. 

The coconut must be sticky to hold together for dipping. Next time I'll try heating corn syrup to soft ball stage and mix it with raw coconut with all of its fat and see how that goes. 

No comments:

Blog Archive