Apple and jalapeño slaw

This idea was pinched from Zep's Epiq sandwiches who are located on my block. You should come over here and try some of this slaw. It is excellent. So amazing yet so understated. 


You get a little cup for $2.25 and as you are eating it you are thinking, "Oh man, I should have ordered two of these because these little cups are so tiny."

So you'll have to buy at least two. And that's $4.50 right there. I must say, still a very good deal. Because this is the best slaw that I've ever eaten and I've had a lot of that cabbage-crap at summer outings. Put me off cabbage for decades. 

Decades! 

Who even eats cabbage? For crying out loud.

GAWL!

God, why did you put me on this stupid planet? 

They're eating cabbage over here!

And then I had this slaw and my whole cabbage-world changed. The very idea; apple and jalapeño. You guys are nuts. 

My kind of nuts. 

Come to think of it, Zep's slaw can be improved with nuts. And raisins.  

I just now finished my bowl of apple jalapeño slaw improved with raisins and pecans and I am ready to go back and hit it again. This stuff is awesome. 
















No comments:

Blog Archive