Tea

Gift tea. Variety package. Ultimate tea sampler by Solstice. The company offers three such kits that I know about. This kit is all non-caffeine. Loose teas packaged in round tins that can be reused for spices or for nuts and bolts, buttons, or whatever. 

I chose this kit because it is most attractive when all the containers are opened all at once, but turns out the women keep them all closed. They both have no idea how lovely their teas are all together.


This is what I went for. This look is the deciding factor. It means nothing to the women because they are carefully opening the tins one-at-a-time. The tins are sealed. So the women won't open them until they are ready to experiment. The tins that they did open, like the one with Hibiscus, blew their minds. Because they are pretty and they are interesting.

I had no idea both women would flip out. This turned out to be a very good gift for both women.


So then, need an idea for a gift? Here you go. Even if you don't care that much for tea.

I still cannot cook. Today I washed a pot. Pathetic. A little surprising what the injured hand can do and what it cannot do. There is a very thin line between functionality and total disaster. I punctured the lemon with an 8" chef's knife like a total mong with no idea how to use a knife, while my mong-method works very well for me, then cut it holding the knife the usual way, but then I could not pick up the glass of ice tea. The whole general area is healing nicely while very specific spots are incredibly sore. 

I see videos of people attempting a rope swing and fail immediately because they are unaware how weak their grip is. Their grip cannot hold their own weight and I laugh my butt off because their hands are so weak. 

Now that's me. I cannot grip my cane far less put any weight on it. That is the precise spot of injury. The cane in my hand is a disaster. No help and all liability. 

In the video, if you watched that, the dog is snapping at bubbles produced by a toy machine. The bubbles are bacon-flavored and that is what has the dog's attention. The machine and the bubbles were another gift that I sent to the youngest boy.



1 comment:

MamaM said...

What assurance do you have that something wasn't torn or broken in the fall?

If you haven't already had it x-rayed and checked over by someone familiar with the bone structure and inner workings of the wrist, I encourage you to do so. It looks painful and debilitating. I hope it heals fast and properly.

Blog Archive