Chicken salad with fruit and nuts









Not pictured, red bell pepper.






ARTS !   ↑


Give me a fat and and an acid and I'll give you a salad dressing. The bacon fat is used here. It tends to solidify when cold so best used warm. The acid is rice vinegar. These two elements are extended with mustard and honey. This salad might actually be healthy were it not for this bacon fat. Consider using something else. As for myself, I like to live dangerously and deliciously. 



The apple is reserved until after the dressing is completed. It tends to oxidize and turn brown until it can be coated with oil. 





I am the King of Salads. Kneel before me and sing my praises. 

This salad is so delicious  I can hardly stand it. It makes use of fried chicken thighs from yesterday. The decisions made along the way concerned what to leave out of it more than what to include in it; tofu, bean sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, courgette, dried apricots, raisins, cranberries, onion, garlic, any other allium, basil, tarragon, oregano, mint, lime, lemon, to name just a few of the things that were rejected this time, and in my case, all this idea culling amounts to culinary maturity. 

No comments:

Blog Archive